Good brides promise to obey. Bad brides wouldn't dream of it…
Milly Gamble is an up-and-coming actress, and the perfect English flower child. At 23, she's always been cast as the innocent heroine. But looks can deceive. Calculating and fiercely ambitious, Milly is determined to be the most famous star in England. And how better to achieve her goal than by dating Tarquin Ormond, lead singer of the biggest folk band of the moment? Tarquin is madly in love with Milly; Milly is only in love with herself.
Brianna Jade is an all-American pageant girl. The daughter of Tamra Maloney, a stunning billionairess, Brianna is a sweet, pretty girl who is more than happy to go along with her mother's ambitious plans for her. Now Tamra's brought her to the UK and hooked her up with an Earl. He has a crumbling stately home and needs a rich wife to help restore it to its former glory. Tamra is as ambitious and determined as Brianna is sweet and innocent - is this more a case of mother-in-law-zilla than bridezilla?
Both Milly and Brianna's upcoming weddings will be huge, lavish events that garner national press. But with the cover of the biggest magazine in the country to be won, things are about to get very dirty…
I've read every Rebecca Chance book and this did not disappoint, whilst my favourite is still Bad Girls, all the "Bad" books still have my heart over the "Killer" ones. My favourite thing to do in Rebecca Chance novels is to find any links to the last books, throwaway lines that tell me how my favourite couples are doing, there were so many in this book I could have cried, not all of my favourites but more than enough.
Honestly, the blurb tells the general plot so I'm just going to go over the main characters: Briana Jade, Tamra, Milly, Eva, Tarquin, Edmund.
- Briana Jade, aka the sweetest girl in the entire
worldbook. Very loyal to her mother. Their relationship was a gift and I'm so glad it existed. Brianna Jade isn't as outgoing as her mum would prefer her to be, but because there's a genuine love there, her mum would never push her to do something that's she's not happy with. Sadly this means she's willing to do things that she may not want if she believes that it'll make her mum happy, whereas her mum feels the same
- Tamra - I love a story of a self made woman, technically she's not as self made as I'd imagine some people would prefer but she did plan how to make her American business more accessible to British culture so that makes her a success story in my book. There's always one person that's into the super extreme "interesting" stuff in terms of sex and in this book I guess it's her. It definitely makes for a different read. If I had to describe her in one term it would be HBIC - Head Bitch In Charge.
- Milly - omg, what a bitch, not even a bitch in charge. Generally a gross human being. I, along with like 90% of the population, can't stand fake people and the fact that reading in her point of view feels like immersing myself in venom. Although venom would probably be less poisonous. She's super fame hungry and not in the way that past Chance characters can make endearing.
- Eva - a sweet character, a lot of her character however is being in love with Tarquin so a lot of her character kind of isn't developed but she seems like a nice enough character and her and Tarquin were intellectually matched which is nice.
- Tarquin - a musician which is kind of cool I guess. He's very fanciful and at one point Eva notes that maybe he likes Milly cos they're aesthetically similar which is a shame. Like I mentioned with Eva, he seems to actually be quite the intellectual and they have some really cool conversations.
- Edmund - the Earl that Brianna Jade is engaged to. He's quite a strong willed man but is willing to go along with things that don't particularly bother him. Again, he's nice. Everyone in this book is nice.
Recommend to: fans of chick lit, fans of erotic novels, 20-30 year olds
Rating: 4 stars